Automated MicroContact Printing, Uniform Micro and NanoPatterning
Soft lithography is one of the main parts of the BIOSOFT toolbox and more specially the microcontact printing. For that, BIOSOFT has a fully automated microcontact printer named InnoStamp40.
Combining microcontact printing flexibility and high-precision automation, the InnoStamp 40 is perfect for nano and micropatterning. A user-friendly system, the InnoStamp 40 allows users to control their processing in order to transfer a wide range of components homogeneously onto defined surfaces.
As a new fully automated microcontact printing solution, the InnoStamp 40 offers high-precision and uniform contact for sub-micron resolution.
Automation by Magnetic force
The InnoStamp 40 is a microcontact printing device based on magnetic technology . The magnetic field is used in two manners:
- First of all, a magnetic head handles a magnetic stamp by loading and unloading it throughout the entire microcontact printing process (loading, inking, drying, alignment, printing, cleaning, unloading).
- Secondly, strong magnets at the bottom of printing area apply a precise and homogeneous pressure on the magnetic stamp during the printing step in order to transfer nanoobjects onto the surface according to its specific patterns.
InnoStamp40 and InnoScan1100 : a complete plateform to fabricate and read fluorescent patterns
The complete platform for NanoBiotechnology applications is composed of InnoStamp40 and InnoScan1100. It combines a fully automated microcontact printer and a fluorescence scanner.
This video shows:
- the fabrication of fluorescent patterns on glass slide with the InnoStamp40
- the scanning of the glass slide with the InnoScan1100
- the scanning of the microQRCode with a smartphone
The functionality of a microQRCode with 2µm pixels is poved.
- Jean-Christophe Cau, Lafforgue Ludovic, Nogues Marie, Lagraulet Adriana, Paveau Vincent, Magnetic field assisted microcontact printing: A new concept of fully automated and calibrated process, Microelectronic Engineering, 2013, V 110, p.207–214.
- EP 2381307 soft lithography device and method
- J. Foncy, Thèse INSA, 2013